Air Release Wastewater Valves
Air Release Valves, sometimes referred to as “small orifice valves,” are often fitted at the highest point on a pipeline to continually release unwanted air during system operation to protect against unwanted surges and maintain system efficiency.
2″ – 4″
up to 150 psig (1000 kPa)
ASTM A126 Class B Cast iron
Benefits and features
Wastewater Air Valves perform two important functions in a piping system: they maintain system design effi ciency and provide system protection. Exhausting and admitting air keeps the system from restricted fl ow reducing pumping costs and reduces the potential for destructive surges and water hammer that can collapse a pipeline.
- Specifically designed for grit and sewage service without the need for backwashing when combined with fusion bonded epoxy slick coatings
- Bodies are extended in length with a sloped bottom to prevent solid material from reaching the operating mechanism
- Floats are equipped with a specially shaped bottom to accelerate the closure to reduce leakage and clogging of the valve
- Available in lightweight all stainless steel construction to eliminate corrosion
- Unconditionally guaranteed T316 stainless steel floats
- Stainless steel 316 internal trim
- Resilient seating for positive shutoff
Air Release Wastewater